Posted on May 04 2018
In this episode, Lawrence is flying solo but is joined by Texas-based masters powerlifter, single mum (or 'mom') and personal trainer Sumi Singh. We discuss the following:
- In 2013 you published an article on food environment, where you advise people who are prone to mindless eating to:
- Make the declaration vocal: Say: “I’m not hungry but I am going to eat this anyway.”
- Think 20% less “other stuff,” 20% more veggies.
- Start buying the single serving peanut butter packets or those 100-calorie packages of nuts/snacks.
- Volumize your food to make it look bigger.
- Take as much time as you can to eat your food
- ...and many other things.
Would you advise anyone differently, 5 years down the line? How has your opinion changed on this front?
- Speaking of changing opinions - what's the biggest fitness-related issue you've changed your mind on?
- Tell us about your competitive history as an athlete, and how parenthood impacted things.
- How do you think a parent can set a great example to their children via fitness?
- You admit yourself that you're awful to handle during peak week for your powerlifting meets - what happens?
- The dry protein powder consumption... tell me more.
- What's it like being coached by Lyle McDonald?