Posted on April 19 2018
Lawrence here - I'm taking this one solo, today, and talking to Dr Mike Zourdos. Mike is an assistant professor in the Department of Exercise Science and Health Promotion at Florida Atlantic University, powerlifting coach, author at Monthly Applications in Strength Sport (MASS), and is also someone I'm hugely privileged to call a colleague over at the Shredded By Science Academy.
In this episode, I wanted to dig 'behind the scenes' when it comes to Mike, and balance the research-based approach that Mike's known for with some questions that would shed light on Mike the person. I ask Mike:
- One of the main aims of science is to test hypotheses - what was the most surprising fitness-related hypothesis that you've seen either supported or scuppered after scientific investigation?
- Do you have any favourite studies out of all the ones you've reviewed for MASS?
- What would you advise for someone looking to become more 'evidence-based' with their fitness?
- What's one thing that you spent far too much money on, but don't regret?
- What's your favourite supplement?
- Out of all of the research you've done, what's had the biggest impact on your own training?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 7 songs would you take with you?