Posted on March 29 2018
In this episode, we talk to 3DMJ coach and natural bodybuilder Dr Eric Helms. Our questions to him include:
- Your recent YouTube series is entitled Anecdotes and Observations - when it comes to making your fitness your own, why are anecdotes and observations so important?
- On the topic of anecdotes - there was a fascinating discussion between you and Joe Klemczewski on Facebook recently regarding training frequency. Could you summarise that discussion for us?
- Recent data on periodisation have shown that maybe it's time to reconsider some of the reasons for periodising someone's training - what would you say are the main benefits to a periodised approach to training?
- One of the main aims of science is to test hypotheses - what was the most surprising fitness-related hypothesis that you've seen either supported or scuppered after scientific investigation?
- Do you have any favourite studies out of all the ones you've reviewed for MASS?
- What would you advise for someone looking to become more 'evidence-based' with their fitness?